Information security is becoming increasingly important. Globalization of the economy leads to a growing exchange of information between organizations (their employees, customers and suppliers) and a growing use of networks, such as the internal company network, connection with the networks of other companies and the Internet.
Other relevant trends include:
- International standards and certification in the field of information security
- Computerization of (IT) management
- Development of automated security tools
- Remote control
- Outsourcing of management tasks
- Regulatory complianceFurthermore, activities of many companies now rely on IT, and information has become a valuable asset. Protection of information is crucial for the continuity and proper functioning of the organization: information must be reliable.Information Security deals with the definition, implementation, maintenance, compliance and evaluation of a coherent set of measures which safeguard the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the (manual and automated) information supply.
Everyone in the organization who is processing information. The module is also suitable for small independent businesses for which some basic knowledge of information security is necessary.
This module can be a good start for new information security professionals.
- Overview of ITIL V3 Information Security Management
- Control objectives (39)
- The concept of information
- Value of information
- Reliability aspects
- Threats and risks
- Threat and risk
- Relationships between threats, risks and the reliability of information
- Approach and Organization
- Security policy and security organization
- Incident Management
- Importance of measures
- Physical security measures
- Technical measures
- Organizational measures
- Legislation and regulations
2. Terms and definitions
3. Structure Of This Standard
4. Risk Assessment And Treatment
5. Security Policy
6. Security Organization
7. Asset Classification and Control
8. Personnel Security
9. Physical and Environmental Security
10. Communications and Operations
11. Access Control
12. System Development and Maintenance
13. Information Security Incident Management
14. Business Continuity Management
15. Compliance Information and security
Exam preparation and review
Lecture and Exercises
Practical exercises and team assignments will be used to meet the learning objectives during the delivery of this accredited course. We will make use of exercises to enhance the reinforcement of the learning objectives in the syllabus.
The Basics of Information Security – A practical handbook
Exam type: multiple choice exam
Number of questions: 40
Exam duration: 60 minutes
Pass rate: 65%
2 day lecture and exam preparation.
Green Park Hotel
If you want to attend this event please click here.